The Commercial Director, Advertising will be responsible for growing VIDAA’s advertising business generated through CTV, FAST, AVOD and display. The role will manage the relationships with the commercial teams of VIDAA’s SSP and DSP partner eco-system, working with them to support programmatic sales. Cross-functional work with VIDAA’s product and technology teams to input into the platform’s advertising roadmap and with. managing a team of global remote business development executives who work with new streaming partners to bring their services on to the VIDAA connected TV platform.
The successful candidate will have a background working in or with major studios or content owners and will understand streaming and digital distribution strategies, in both the SVOD and AVOD spheres. Experience with CTV is highly desired. This role will report directly to our VP of Content and Business Development.
- Participate in development of strategic plan for advertising with senior management, product and content teams
- Own monetization of VIDAA first and third-party inventory, from AVOD, FAST and display, through direct and partner sales channels
- Deliver ad request and ultimately ad revenue quotas as defined in annual KPIs
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and supply partners
- Responsibility for revenue forecasting and yield management with a focus on maximizing CPMs and fill rates in priority markets
- Identifying and developing partnership relationships with strategic agencies or SSPs in new markets
- Collaborate with Marketing to generate go-to-market sales materials, e.g. media kit and campaign proposal templates
- Gather cross-system data and compile reporting on ad performance and ROI for content and ad sales partners
- Interface with Product to ensure required integrations with sales partners into VIDAA ad-stack
- Knowledge and understanding of programmatic ad buying platforms and trading desk integrations relevant to major agency buyers.
- Understanding of revenue and monetization models related to AVOD/FAST and how to grow
- Proven team player with ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced start-up organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as experience presenting in high-level meetings
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of commercial or sales experience of TV/CTV/digital advertising
- Established network of contacts in key programmatic buying roles within major advertising agencies and with DSPs/SSPs
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
< 10 %
For USA typically (but not exclusively), Monday-Friday 9am-6pm USA Eastern Time. Some meetings or calls may be outside the normal schedule due to time zone differences with global business associates. Schedule may vary slightly by geo location.
This role can be based in the USA or Europe, ideally NYC or London, on a remote first basis.
Total benefits package may vary by geo location.
At VIDAA, we celebrate, support and thrive on our vastly diverse workforce and inclusive thought leadership for the benefit of our team, our products, and our global community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please send qualified resumes directly to email@example.com.