The ideal candidate for the Corporate Counsel role will have previous experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements. The successful candidate has excellent communication skills, organization skills, and eagerness to work closely and be a trusted advisor to the leadership team. This candidate will primarily support VIDAA’s sales, marketing, and ad operations teams negotiating agreements with our content service providers, TV manufacturers, advertisers, ad agencies and ad tech providers. The ideal candidate will also be advising on compliance matters related to data privacy, IP and consumer protection laws. This candidate will also work with work with our parent company’s legal department and our CFO to establish and scale VIDAA’s legal function and meet growing demands of our business.
The successful candidate has excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and an eagerness to work closely and be a trusted advisor to their business partners. They are enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate keen analytical skills and sound judgment even in ambiguous situations and with imperfect information. They can prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. They must have a good, general understanding of software development, digital advertising, and IT infrastructure technologies. This is a full-time position based in Duluth, GA USA and reports directly to the VP, Finance.
- Collaborate with our parent company’s legal department and/or work cross-functionally in VIDAA and its subsidiaries to draft, review and negotiate agreements with content service providers, TV manufacturers, advertisers, ad agencies and ad tech providers operating globally.
- Advise on data privacy and consumer protection issues in the context of commercial transactions impacting VIDAA users around the world.
- Collaborate with outside counsel to provide legal advice to VIDAA and its subsidiaries regarding matters of local regulatory compliance.
- Help identify existing and future issues pertaining to corporate compliance with local laws and regulations, including those related to data privacy and consumer protection, to ensure necessary policies, strategies and procedures are implemented.
- Coordinate and monitor work performed by outside litigation counsel and audit associated billing.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in laws, regulations, and industry trends applicable to TV streaming platforms including data privacy, consumer protection, and IP protection laws and other guidance from relevant agencies.
- Ability to recognize and evaluate legal risk associated with contractual provisions and provide strategic solutions to help manage risk
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as a record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-pace and evolving technology-driven business environment.
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex products and services, while identifying key issues and risks and offering creative solutions for business enablement.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school, fully accredited by the American Bar Association
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing with the bar of that state.
- At least 7 years of combined transactional legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, that includes working with internet, technology and/or media
- 5-7 years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in technology and/or media
- Experience presenting findings and conclusions on a broad range of the legal issues related to TV streaming platform businesses, including intellectual property, data protection, consumer protection and privacy issues
- Experience working independently in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good client relationship skills, including the ability to independently solicit the advice and input of different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
For USA typically (but not exclusively), Monday-Friday 9am-6pm USA Eastern Time. Some meetings or calls may be outside the normal schedule due to time zone differences with global business associates. Schedule may vary slightly by geo location.
This role is based in Duluth, GA at VIDAA International headquarters, and may have a hybrid (remote/office) work plan as appropriate.
Competitive medical, dental and vision. Employer-paid 401k match. Up to 15 PTO days accrued 1st year with increases each additional year. 11 holidays. 4 sick days. Competitive base/bonus structure. Total benefits package may vary by geo location.
Candidates for serious consideration must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. At VIDAA, we celebrate, support and thrive on our vastly diverse workforce and inclusive thought leadership for the benefit of our team, our products, and our global community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please send qualified resumes directly to email@example.com.