VIDAA is seeking an experienced accountant to work independently and lead the accounting team in closely monitoring the financial health of a fast-growing, global TV streaming platform who is currently working through a spin-off from Hisense, our Chinese parent company. The ideal candidate will have proven experience as an accounting leader. As a strong communicator and skilled financial process analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our closing and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. The Director of Accounting will also be responsible for the leadership of the Company’s technical accounting matters, tax compliance, SOX 404 compliance, internal controls and to assist in the implementation of various business systems such as ERP and other automation tools.
The Director of Accounting will direct the management of the monthly closing of the financial systems, ensuring that all activities are executed in a timely manner and in accordance with accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines of our parent company in China. Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points. Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape. Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines. Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action. Lead/oversee the company’s technical accounting matters, including revenue recognition, intercompany tax allocations, and accounting for complex arrangements. Monitor GAAP and SEC developments and lead the adoption of new accounting and disclosure rules. Work closely with external auditors on review of technical accounting matters and complete annual audit of our consolidated financial statements. Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies. This is a full-time position based in Duluth, GA USA and reports directly to the Vice President of Finance.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of contracts with our business partners.
- Lead the month end and quarter end process for our worldwide close process by performing accounting tasks in a variety of areas
- Coordinate cross-functionally and across geo/international locations for close process and timing.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures. Organize and communicate accounting policies and procedures as needed. Ensure that accounting processes and operational functions are designed effectively to meet standard internal and GAAP controls and are implemented and consistently performed for all related activities.
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Assist with the implementation of upcoming ERP platform.
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Prior Big4/National CPA firm experience or previous SEC reporting experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work across functions
- Passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement in processes.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, matched with ability to see and communicate the big picture
- Team player with integrity and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Work effectively in a high growth environment with operations in multiple time zones – comfortable in both individual contributor roles, cross-functional team management roles and flexible business operating hours, depending on what is required by the business at the time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience
- Experience in technology and/or media preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
For USA typically (but not exclusively), Monday-Friday 9am-6pm USA Eastern Time. Some meetings or calls may be outside the normal schedule due to time zone differences with global business associates. Schedule may vary slightly by geo location.
This role is based in Duluth, GA at VIDAA International headquarters, and may have a hybrid (remote/office) work plan as appropriate.
Competitive medical, dental and vision. Employer-paid 401k match. Up to 15 PTO days accrued 1st year with increases each additional year. 11 holidays. 4 sick days. Competitive base/bonus structure. Total benefits package may vary by geo location.
Candidates for serious consideration must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. At VIDAA, we celebrate, support and thrive on our vastly diverse workforce and inclusive thought leadership for the benefit of our team, our products, and our global community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please send qualified resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.