The IT Helpdesk and Support Specialist will assist employees and customers in troubleshooting and resolving computer-related issues. This is a full-time position based in Duluth, GA USA and reports directly to the Sr. Director, IT.
- None currently
- Serves as a first point of contact for inquiries from users on a variety of software and hardware issues.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent question
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by employees
- Set up equipment for new hires and assists with on-boarding
- Assists users with installation of software and troubleshooting of related problems; refers more complicated issues to appropriate staff.
- Communicates regularly with other members of the support team to discuss recurring problems and to share solutions and best practices.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update employee status and information
- Attends training sessions on new equipment, software, platforms, and other products; assists with development of user manuals and similar documentation for these products.
- As experience increases, provides training on hardware and software use to end users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of computer software and hardware, including desktop computers, laptops, network devices, and peripherals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills with strong focus on quality service to our internal customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work-related experience with multiple software packages preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of IT helpdesk experience
- Strong technical experience with supporting / managing and configuring MS365 products
- Strong technical experience troubleshooting PC/Mac OS issues
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA / Confluence)
- Experience installing Mac OS/ PC Windows fresh out of the box
- System and network experience, understanding of LAN/WAN/VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Experience with Azure, Azure AD / SSO solutions
- Power Shell Scripting and coding (a plus)
- Previous experience working for a global company supporting users internationally
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
For USA typically (but not exclusively), Monday-Friday 9am-6pm USA Eastern Time. Some meetings or calls may be outside the normal schedule due to time zone differences with global business associates. Schedule may vary slightly by geo location.
This role is based in Duluth, GA at VIDAA International headquarters, and may have a hybrid (remote/office) work plan as appropriate.
Competitive medical, dental and vision. Employer-paid 401k match. Up to 15 PTO days accrued 1st year with increases each additional year. 11 holidays. 4 sick days. Competitive base/bonus structure. Total benefits package may vary by geo location.
Candidates for serious consideration must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. At VIDAA, we celebrate, support and thrive on our vastly diverse workforce and inclusive thought leadership for the benefit of our team, our products, and our global community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please send qualified resumes directly to email@example.com.