The Sr. Director, Business Development will be responsible for managing a team of global remote business development executives who work with new streaming partners to bring their services on to the VIDAA connected TV platform. A key part of the role is defining which global and increasingly local apps are required for each territory and then building those partnerships from early-stage relationship building, drafting of deal terms, agreement negotiations, and eventual handover to internal teams for platform integration.
The successful candidate will have a background working in or with streamers/OTT services or content owners and will understand streaming and digital distribution strategies, in both the SVOD and AVOD spheres. Experience with CTV is highly desired. This role reports directly to the Vice President, Content & Business Development.
- Use market research and usage data to ensure optimal streaming partners for each priority region
- Confidently prospect new streamer/OTT partners using range of methods (phone, email, networking etc.)
- Lead partnerships from early-stage relationship building, drafting of deals terms and contract negotiation
- Responsible for setting team and individual targets and overseeing weekly update meetings and reporting to track success
- Responsible for achieving individual quarterly and annual business development targets plus contributing to team targets
- Provide support and advice for the team including participation in key partner meetings
- Share knowledge and raise skill levels of business development team
- Act as first point of escalation for team member issues
- Engage with PEM team for handover of partners for integration support and to prioritise technical resource in line with business objectives
- Provide solutions for bottlenecks in the business development process
- Strong knowledge of digital media/streaming market and platforms
- Proven ability to develop long term successful partnerships with quantifiable results
- Team player who can motivate, communicate and collaborate to drive individual and team success
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing project and to execute to KPIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen understanding of business culture in different regions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years for successful experience in business development
- Past experience in streaming media, OTT or CTV market
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
< 20 %
Some meetings or calls may be outside the normal schedule due to time zone differences with global business associates. Schedule may vary slightly by geo location.
This role is based in Europe, ideally in the UK, on a remote first basis.
Pension matching. Up to 25 PTO days. Competitive base/bonus structure. Total benefits package may vary by geo location.
At VIDAA, we celebrate, support and thrive on our vastly diverse workforce and inclusive thought leadership for the benefit of our team, our products, and our global community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please send qualified resumes directly to email@example.com.